Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Ferrero Tronky Latte e Cereali

 
Ferrero? Let me guess...hazelnut again?

The Attraction:
As I begin to polish off the remaining snacks on my recent trip to Italy, I pulled out this box that I've been waiting to review. What caught my eye about this snack is this description of milk and cereal flavor. I had no idea what that means exactly or what flavor that would taste like. Let's find out, shall we?

The Review:
I've been staring at this box for awhile. I've been wanting to try this, but I purposely have been holding this out to the end to so I had a snack to really look forward to. I must say though that my previous reviews of some of the other snacks I got from Italy like Loacker's Tortini Mini and another Ferrero product called Nutella B-Ready had gotten me used to a certain formula that these Italian snacks seem to follow; crunchy shell, hazelnut cream, perhaps some chocolate thrown in there somewhere. This product should be different, I hoped, as the flavor I choose seemed to not indicate any sign of hazelnut anywhere. Don't get me wrong, I got nothing against hazelnut, but even man cannot live on hazelnut alone.

The box houses five individually wrapped Tronky "sticks". I unwrap one and quickly see the familiar shell similar to the one on the outside of a Nutella B-Ready stick, albeit a lighter shade. "Please! Have mercy....no hazelnuts, sir!" I beg to the Tronky Gods.

I take a dive in fully expecting a hint of hazelnut to greet me at some point, but there was none to be found or was there? What I did get was a smooth sweet cream, with the texture reminiscent of the cream in the middle of an Oreo, except in this case, sandwiched between two light crispy wafers. The filling, isn't as sweet as the cream in an Oreo, but it does have a slight taste of hazelnut (curses!), but not overwhelmingly so. It's more of a passing flavor versus a full on assault.

It actually reminded me of this Choco Roll, I had way back when. Is that a good or bad thing?

This shell looks familiar

The Sweet:
Nice familiar crunchy wafer wrapped around a sweet cream core.

The Bitter:
Maybe not the ideal start to the morning, if you take the flavor suggestion literally.

Is that what semi-solid milk and cereal taste like? 
Conclusion:
Yes, Ferrero reuses the shell...again, but the differentiator for me this time is the cream filling. Perhaps wisely I stayed clear of the Tronky Original that has hazelnuts in it. I have a feeling this review would have been very different otherwise. Be it as it may, these are fine snacks and aren't overly sweet and deliver a nice sugar pick-me-up when needed. Would I hop on the next plane back to Italy to get another pack? Nah, but if I have a layover there, I might drop a Euro on this little treat while I continue to comb the candy rack for other treasures.

Video of the Week
I don't think I need to say much, if you haven't seen it already.

December can't come soon enough

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing us over at SneakASnack. We appreciate you stopping in and sharing your comments!