Sunday, August 30, 2015

Ferrero Nutella B-Ready

"Oh, you can bet I B-ready!"
The Attraction:
On a recent trip to the Italian city of "Roma", I was walking the aisles of the local market and saw these sitting on the shelf staring at me. Granted, I'm not a huge fan of Nutella, however since I was in the birthplace of it, I felt like it was the right thing to do. I owe it to my adoring snack blog reading public; all four of you. As they say, when in Roma....(I think I used that pun already a few weeks ago)

The Review
These "breakfast sticks" come individually wrapped (to preserve the crispiness of the shell) 8 pieces to a box. As I unwrap one, the stick or bar itself has a thin wafer shell with a "n" emblazoned on it proudly. Nice detail, but how do you taste, B-Ready? You better B-tasty. (see what I did there?)

I proceed to chomp down on the bar and am greeted with Nutella oozing from one of the three cavities filled with the spread in it. The Nutella inside the bar itself is topped with hazelnuts on them, a la their other wildly popular product, Ferrero Rocher. This all taste very familiar to me.

"It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a Nutella B-ready stick!"

The Sweet:
It's Nutella that you can enjoy on the go!

The Bitter:
It's a step away from eating three Ferrero Rochers for breakfast.

"Quit staring at my nuts!"
Conclusion:
Essentially, the Ferrero Nutella B-Ready sticks are a reshuffled version of a Ferrero Rocher, minus the chocolate coating to make it seem reasonable to have in the morning as a breakfast item; crispy shell exterior, the smooth hazelnut filling, even down to the bits of real hazelnut.

Now, I understand why this product would make sense in Italy; assorted pastries are the norm in Europe the same way donuts and bagels are big in parts of the States. Throw in the Italian's love for Nutella and it seems like a no-brainer. However for me and my Asian / American tuned taste buds, it's too much. Unless you've been secretly waiting for an excuse to eat Ferrero Roches in the morning and not be ridiculed for it, this item is not a good fit for the US market.

Video of the Week
A few weeks ago I shared a video of an air conditioner installer precariously installing a unit in a high rise building. This week's video focuses on how to properly repair said air conditioning unit.

"Oh shoot....I dropped a screw"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing us over at SneakASnack. We appreciate you stopping in and sharing your comments!