Sunday, January 18, 2015

Imei Choco Roll Green Tea


"Anything less would be unciviled"

 
The Attraction:
An intern at my place of work likes to bring in snacks and to my surprise, she brought in a variation of a snack I have previously tried and reviewed. "Maybe it's time I revisit this baby.", I thought to myself.

Will I "Roll with It" this time?

The Review
Ah, it's hard to believe that it was almost three years ago that I had my first Choco Roll. Although my feelings were mixed at the time, I still had reservations about ever buying another package of Choco Roll again. It's not that it was bad, just not for me, I thought. Well, now with no monetary investment needed, there was a chance for this product to be reexamined and have it potentially redeem itself.

The Choco Roll was larger than I recalled. It's almost the circumference of a roll of US dimes. After I cracked open the individually wrapped roll, I was surprised to see the white chocolate coating on the outside of the roll. I barely recall that the rolls come dipped in chocolate. Intriguing...

I snap into it and there's that initial taste of white chocolate, but that is quickly forgotten as the taste of green tea hits you like a Mack truck. There is no doubt that this is green tea flavored. As my friend put it, "It's like sucking on a green tea stick." Yes, that's quite accurate.

Still not quite sure what to think....



Caution: Green tea dynamite inside!

The Sweet:
It's a nice size roll that makes it feel like an actual snack. The white chocolate / green tea combo is a tried and true combo for me. The green tea flavor is delivered without the occasional bitterness that some snack makers decide to leave in. The sweetness of the white chocolate is cut by the green tea flavor...

The Bitter:
...when I say cut, I mean with something like a machete! The green tea flavor is overwhelming to me. It's not bad, per se, but it comes across as unbalanced against the sweetness of the white chocolate.

"Boom!"

Conclusion:
Imei, the makers of the Choco Roll, has continued to confuse me with this product. Mellowing out the green tea flavor would have helped delivered a more even snack experience. As it probably goes without saying, you should be a fan of green tea flavor before considering picking up this roll.

I do have to admit, after I polished the roll, I was tempted to grab another one, but that may be also because I didn't have to pay anything out of pocket if I wanted to have another one.

The true test for me has always been would I pay to have that snack item again. In the case of the Choco Roll, there would not be a return engagement with my shopping cart.

Video of the Week
I heard about this video a few weeks ago after hearing about it on the Howard Stern show.

No matter where you stand on the gay issue, I think we can all agree that we are not as convinced as this young man is that he has been "delivered" from being gay.

"I'm not gay anymore!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing us over at SneakASnack. We appreciate you stopping in and sharing your comments!