Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Oreos Thins

If you eat enough, you won't be

The Attraction:
Throw the name "Oreo" on anything and you've already got my attention. I've already reviewed other Oreo products herehere and here, so when I saw these "Thins" I was interested, but I thought "Isn't it just more of the same?" How different can a thinner Oreo be? OK, you got me Nabisco, I'm going in.

The Review:
I went in pretty skeptical when I started to open a pack of these Oreo Thins. In fact, I didn't think it was even worth writing about at the time. "It's the same old same old." I thought. Oh well, mind as well just eat it. I pick one up while watching TV and bite in half noticing.

"Whoa"

Why would the people at Oreo put out this product? Is it just a money grab? Is this for people that want to eat Oreos but are weight conscious? Somehow it all made sense when I took that first bite.

By halving the size of the cookie wafers and the cream filling, essentially streamlining it, it somehow makes you enjoy the Oreo more! It was a weird epiphany. Eating these Thins made the original sized Oreos seem clunky, excessive and archaic. With the smaller, thinner cookie, the flavor is delivered much more precisely and you seem to just enjoy the eating experience more overall.

It's like King Kong stepped on an Oreo

The Sweet:
The signature Oreo taste delivered to your taste buds like a laser without the mess.

The Bitter:
If you enjoy twisting off the cookie and eating the cream, there's not as much there. Even though you are getting less "Oreos", you are paying the same price.

Wow, less IS more!
Conclusion:
If I could, I would prefer to have these Oreo Thins over the conventional size. Now, that doesn't mean I still won't enjoy the original Oreos, I certainly will. Perhaps the best analogy I could give would be like eating a lobster vs. eating a lobster tail. When you order a full lobster, there's no arguing that you are getting more of the lobster to enjoy, however when you order a lobster tail, you are able to get a taste of lobster and savor the best part of it....and for many people, that's more than enough.

Video of the Week
For you Sci-Fi fans out there, Fox just released a trailer for a six-episode mini series of the X-Files to begin January of next year. Between this and Star Wars, nerds are going to have the busiest social calendars in decades.

Now only if they would bring back Sledge Hammer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing us over at SneakASnack. We appreciate you stopping in and sharing your comments!