Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Changheyuan Potato Chip DJ Mix

 
It's got to taste good. It's a DJing potato!
The Attraction:
Look at this packaging! It's a complete disaster. It looks like something you should see on an EDM concert-goers t-shirt more than on the packaging of a bag of potato chips. A potato with sunglasses that supposed to be a DJ? I gotta taste this train wreck.

The Review
I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I just knew that this was too weird to not try. I open the bag, which came with it's own handle punched out for easy carrying, btw, and smelled nothing that provided a hint as to the flavor of these chips. I taste one and was shocked by the peculiar sweet taste; ketchup? I quickly look at the bag again and notice that I hadn't seen the two tomatoes in the sunglasses of the partying spud. Really? Ketchup? I take another another chip out but before tasting it, I notice the texture. These chips appear to be like Pringles in the sense that they are made out of a potato mix, not a slice of potato. OK, I think I have enough to go on.

It's like a Pringle, yet the complete opposite

The Sweet:
Not oily and uses fancy packaging.

The Bitter:
Ketchup flavor? I know there are other chips that also have ketchup flavor, but I would have passed if I had known it was that.

Spare no expense on packaging.
(Perhaps they should have invested more in the tasting area)
Conclusion:
I have no clue what ketchup flavored chips are suppose to taste like other than, well...ketchup. Although these chips do taste like ketchup, it did so in a way that wasn't pleasant. At this point I can't tell if that's because all ketchup-flavored chips taste this way or Chanheyuan did a really poor job of tossing in other flavors to make the journey a bit more fun. What's strange is I enjoy ketchup. Usually with burgers, dogs, even sometimes eggs, but ketchup chips? Maybe that's too much of a "good thing."

Video of the Week
Remember when I posted that video last week about Burger King challenging McDonald's to team up? Well, little did I know that the Golden Arches didn't need any help as they started installing automated ordering systems at some of their locations. Part of this automation system? Burger customization!

I may have soiled myself slightly watching this

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing us over at SneakASnack. We appreciate you stopping in and sharing your comments!