Sunday, February 14, 2016

Oreo Cinnamon Bun

 
Pinch me. I must be dreaming

The Attraction
I read about this a few weeks ago somewhere. At the time I wanted to scream and jump up and down with excitement, but I thought that might set a bad example to the people I manage. Good thing there are men's stalls in the restrooms at work. Just one or the other is enough to catch my eye. Put them together and it is a recipe for additional calories for the week.

The Review:
Oreo has been stepping up it's game recently. They've done some tinkering recently and I've been a fan (see Thins), so when I heard they were adding another flavor, specifically a Cinnamon Bun one, I was ready to plunk down my hard earned cash to try some.

Looks like a Golden Oreo

I take my prized possession home and slowly peel back the packaging. "Hey, they sorta look like Golden Oreos." I think to myself, but a gentle whiff of the opened package dispels that thought as there is a clear smell of cinnamon to these cookies. 

"Woohoo...you sexy!"

I decide to not waste another minute and pick up a cookie and attack.

It has all the characteristics of an Oreo; crunchy, crisp cookie exterior, sweet cream interior. The crispy cookie wafer is where the cookie gets its cinnamon flavor from. On it's own, it has a flavor reminiscent of a graham cracker or a graham cracker-like product. That's a great start already, but then the cream plays off that flavor and tries to mimic some of the sugar icing that is on top of a legitimate cinnamon bun. It's not as sweet, but it strikes the right balance with the cookie shells. The folks at Oreo know what they are doing.

...but boy it doesn't taste like one!
The Sweet:
Great cinnamon flavor in the cookie shells partnered nicely with the sweet cream filling. It's an Oreo!

The Bitter:
Doesn't really capture the essence of eating a cinnamon bun

Conclusion:
OK, so you won't be forsaken a trip to the mall to grab a cinnamon bun because of these Oreo Cinnamon Bun flavored cookies. They actually don't capture much of that feeling at all. Yes, they both are sweet, yes they both contain cinnamon, but that's about where the comparisons end. I understand it's a marketing move to name it this flavor (and boy did I bite!), but it works. Both from a marketing standpoint because I bought a pack and as a snack itself because it's rather tasty.

As if life wasn't complicated enough, I now have another Oreo flavor I must choose from the next time I'm at the grocery store.

Video of the Week 
I normally don't like posting videos that have some bad mojo to it, but I thought this one might make some of our readers think twice before they loose their minds should someone honk at them. After all, it's only a honk and what does a honk really mean? Nothing really, but it almost spelled disaster for this guy.

He sure showed the person taking the video who's boss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing us over at SneakASnack. We appreciate you stopping in and sharing your comments!