Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Kuai Kuai Corn Snack Chocolate

Is it me or does that dotted line
make you want to sign the bag?
The Attraction
The little lady has been eating the coconut version of these and then one day she saw the chocolate version and convinced me to give it a try. It usually doesn't require too much prodding to get me to try a new snack, btw.

The Review:
I've tried the coconut version of these snacks before and I must say, well, this isn't about the coconut version. It's all about the chocolate today. However, if the coconut version is any reflection of what these babies could taste like, this could get very interesting very quickly.

I open the bag and a gentle chocolate breeze blows my way as the bag finally gives in to my hungry hands. I peer in and notice that these chocolate puffs have an usually shiny coating on them. Almost like they should have a savory flavor. I should hope not if it's chocolate flavored.

No more time to waste, it's time to get busy......eating that is.

They look like bbq Combos


I pickup a puff and take a bite. It's crunchy, but not quite as crunchy as a cheez ball or a cheez puff. It's more along the lines of a Cherrios crunch. The chocolate flavor is there, but it's unremarkable. It isn't too sweet, but the chocolate flavor dissipates quickly.

As much as I try to avoid it, I can't help but to compare these puffs against Crown's Big Caramel Corn Choco....and you know how much I love those things.

So shiny!


The Sweet:
Light chocolate flavor in a corn puff

The Bitter:
Nothing special

Conclusion:
These Kuai Kuai Corn Snacks aren't bad, but they are just ordinary. It also doesn't help that they came on the heels of the other-chocolate-corn-puff-snack that I just reviewed and fell in love with, but standing on its own, it didn't "wow" me at all. Even with its mascot making a heart for me, I didn't heart these in return.

Video Mail of the Week 

In this week's mailbag, it's an oldie, but a goody. It's from my friend Gabriella. I use the term "friend" loosely after I got some input about my beloved snack blog from her:

"...do you see what your snack blog looks like? I think my 10 year old baby cousin could put a better blog together than this! Oh, and your picture?! Why are you in a undershirt in your photo? What's wrong with you?!"

Yes, Gabriella, I think Bette Midler said it best when she said "You are the Wind Beneath My Wings". In this case, you are definitely the something beneath my something. For some reason, that might have been the last time I asked for some feedback about my blog from her.

Please keep the feedback coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing us over at SneakASnack. We appreciate you stopping in and sharing your comments!