Thursday, February 18, 2016

Crown Caramel Maple Corn

Here we go again!

The Attraction
A few weeks ago, I reviewed another Crown product called "Big Caramel Corn Choco", and to my surprise, despite it's "unusual"appearance, I fell in love with that product. I have since purchased that snack multiple times, so it was only natural when Crown had a new Caramel Maple Corn offering, I was hot to try it out.

The Review:
The expectations were high when I brought this sucker home. I will say that the color difference really made a big impact in the way I viewed this snack. Seeing the chocolate version really turned my stomach, but the lighter color appearance of these corn puffs seemed way more palatable.


They look tiny 3/4 donuts

I crack open the bag and and sure enough, the scent of maple syrup fills the air. This was very similiar to the Choco version of this snack. This is looking good. I pickup a corn puff and take a bite.

Much like the first version I sampled, there is a tremendous crunch with my initial bite and as the flavor profile takes shape, the maple syrup essence comes screaming through. There is nothing subtle about these flavors. "Hi, I'm maple syrup flavor! What's your name, fool!?"

This could spell trouble!

The Sweet:
Crown just keeps on hitting it's stride, flavor-wise

The Bitter:
It's on the sweeter side, but's it's still damn good.

Conclusion:
Why should I have ever doubted this? With the amount that I loved the chocolate flavored version of this snack, was there anyway I wouldn't have enjoyed this maple syrup version? On it's own, it's solid and this review isn't about comparing the two against each other, but...

..if you had to twist my arm, the chocolate version is still the winner, but if Crown keeps cranking out new flavors, I will gladly be there to try them out in hopes of finding a new love.

Video of the Week 
Working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing us over at SneakASnack. We appreciate you stopping in and sharing your comments!