Sunday, November 8, 2015

Snyder's of Hanover Pretzel Dips Peanut Butter Pretzel Sandwich

How could I NOT resist?

The Attraction:
I saw these at a Target a few weeks back, but was too much of a slacker to wait in line for 15 minutes to pay for a bag of these, so recently on my way home from work when I stopped at the drug store and saw these on the shelf again, I knew it was snack kismet. (That and I was hungry)

The Review:
In case you missed a few of my reviews, I have a thing going with peanut butter and chocolate snacks. (please see here, here and here). Its pretty hard to mess it up, in my opinion, so with this combination, it's a bit more like, how great can they make this snack?

I get home, peel open the bag and peer inside. For what I paid, it's not too bad, but I wouldn't have complained from the bag being "too heavy".

I pick up a sandwich and although it's not as pretty as the picture on the outside of the bag, the coverage and layer of chocolate on the sandwich is more than I expected. I was expecting a light coating, but from the appearance, you wouldn't necessarily have been able to tell what was under the chocolate.

Finally, it's time to dig in. I take a bite and the smooth chocolate texture gives way to a firm pretzel hidden under the coating of chocolate. The flavor waves follow the same sequence; the sweetness of the chocolate followed by the saltiness of the pretzel. Hmm..I know the bag said "peanut butter" on the outside...oh, there it is. As you can imagine, when you are dealing with these kind of strong flavors, something has to play the third fiddle and in this case it's the peanut butter. It's in there, but it gets lost in the shuffle with the shot of saltiness from the pretzel masking the salty nutty flavor of the peanut butter. It's not a salty and crunchy Reese's Peanut Butter cup, like I wished it would be like, but how many things in the world can be?

I could of used a couple of more of these

The Sweet:
Chocolate and pretzel is a great classic combo. Throw in some peanut butter for good measure.

The Bitter:
A little pricey at $3.50 a bag. The peanut butter flavor gets lost in the mix somewhere

In case you were wondering where the pretzel was
Conclusion:
These are a delicious snack. I would have liked the pb to come across a bit stronger, but I think the original configuration without the chocolate allowed the peanut butter flavor to be more pronounced. With the chocolate bath, the subtleties of the nut flavor get lost, but even at that, I cleared out the bag without much help. The next time I can scrape together a few bucks, I'll be fine with letting this little keeper join the snack party in my pantry.

Video of the Week
If you are a geek like me, then you actually watched the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer a few times. If you were a uber geek (possibly like me), then you stepped it up a notch and watched the Japanese version of the trailer to get a peek at some additional scenes.

I don't know, I might see this. (haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing us over at SneakASnack. We appreciate you stopping in and sharing your comments!