Saturday, March 28, 2015

Cracker Jack Chocolate Peanut Butter

This is almost too good to be true!
The Attraction:
Cracker Jacks are an iconic American snack. Mostly known for being devoured during sporting events, these treats are also popular in some homes. When I saw these Chocolate Peanut Butter versions of the classic popcorn snack, I thought this could be the perfect marriage of some of my favorite things; popcorn, chocolate and peanut butter. Oh, it's on, sucker!

The Review
I got to admit, I do enjoy the original Caramel Coated and Peanut Cracker Jack, but rarely enough to indulge in picking up a package to be stocked in my snack locker, but when I saw this new offering, I was excited. I love peanut butter and chocolate offerings and have been a sucker for that combination as witnessed here and here. I had high hopes for this product, but would I be burned again like some other items that fell short?

I quickly tore into the bag of Cracker Jacks and was ready to dig in. I popped a piece of popcorn into my mouth and was greeted with the identical crunch as the original Cracker Jack. I was impressed that even with a potentially heavier ingredient like chocolate covering the popcorn, it may lose it's crispness, but not in this case. They do a great job of keeping the texture consistent between flavor offerings. Let me have some more...

As I continue to nosh on several pieces of  Cracker Jacks, I begin to feel a slight twinge towards the back of my throat. "Why is that?", I think to myself. The popcorn is just too sweet and literally starts to hurt my throat! I had to stop and have a drink of water. It was just too much on the sugar scale..

Looks tasty!

The Sweet:
Has it's classic crispy crunch that you would expect from a Cracker Jack. The flavor is good if you have only a few pieces, but...

The Bitter:
... if you are like me and have a few more than 12 pieces, it may make your throat hurt due to the sweetness.
Proceed with caution

Conclusion:
This item starts off with so much promise; crispy crunch, nice chocolate and peanut butter flavor, but somehow, the sweetness begins to accumulate until my throat started to hurt. Now, to be fair, I was enjoying eating these treats up to that point, but at the end of the day, anything that makes your body react like that, can't be a good thing. As much as I wanted this to work, it seems that Cracker Jack Chocolate Peanut Butter was just too much of a good thing.

Video of the Week
Do you like girls? How about girls that sing, dress and dance well? Get ready, cause you won't find them below.

If I could clone myself 5 times, I might kill myself 5 times

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing us over at SneakASnack. We appreciate you stopping in and sharing your comments!