Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Haribo Happy Cola

 
We know they can do bears, but can they can cola?

The Attraction
I know Haribo well from their world famous gummy bears, but one can not live on gummy bears alone. It was time to branch out and see if their other gummy offerings were as yummy. (sorry, it was better to get that out of the way early)

The Review:
I've been indulging on Haribo's gummy or as they brand it "Gold-Bears" for many years now. As great as they are, Haribo also has other gummy snacks such as Smurfs, Twin Cherries and these Happy Cola. I guess what intrigued me most about these snacks is that they are a one off from the typical fruit-gummy partnership. Could this taste OK? Will it taste like a cola? What mad person thought of this combo?

I don't know about you, but I like fairly soft gummy snacks. Too hard and they come off as stale, too soft and they feel like they are melting. Before opening the bag, I could feel the "Happy Colas" were on the softer side, but in a good way. I opened the bag and a cola smell filled the air. So far, so good.

Like a mini-Coke?


I pick a lucky cola out and pop it into my mouth. Nice consistent gummy texture you would expect from Haribo as I get a steady chew going on it. They also do a good job of capturing the "cola" flavor without making it too artificial tasting. Granting, cola flavor itself is artificial, but it wasn't in an over the top kind of way. The only think missing was some carbonation. (Too bad they couldn't duplicate that in a gummy snack). It was only a matter of time before this bag would get lighter and lighter.

2 short of a six-pack

The Sweet:
Haribo sets the standard with gummy snacks and this is no exception.

The Bitter:
If there is a bitter, it's that it's only one flavor.

Conclusion:
I can't speak on the other Haribo snacks, but their "Happy Cola" is every bit on par as their gummy bears; great gummy texture and flavor that doesn't over or under power you. The biggest dilemma will be deciding which Haribo gummy snack to try next.

Video of the Week 


My palms got a little sweaty for this fool

I don't like heights and I don't like hoverboards. I've never been on one, but they annoy me when I see people on them. Maybe because the people on them are usually moving the same pace if not slower than walking speed...so what's the point? Anyway, how do you make these two things interesting? How about combining them? (I'd prefer to combine bacon and donuts, but that wouldn't be a very interesting video)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing us over at SneakASnack. We appreciate you stopping in and sharing your comments!