Sunday, July 5, 2015

Pop Chips Crazy Hot

The Attraction:
"Here...it was free!", my pal Steph said to me as she hands me a bag of these in the office. She proceeds to hand out about 6-8 more of these bags. Where did she get these from? How did she get so many? How many more did she have? Is she moonlighting as a Pop Chips salesperson? I had so many question at first, mostly not even related to this product, but after the initial shock wore off, I was ready to get down to business.

The Review
I've not had Pop Chips before. Nothing about it really grabbed me. I'm not into a super healthy lifestyle, so I figured what's the point of having a Pop Chip? Essentially all the same flavors you can get with the conventionally deliciously fried potato chip, but healthier? (cough, Baked Lays suck, how could this be better? cough) Never really had a reason to try one up to this point, but now that it's free and spicy...well, lets see what the hub bub is all about with these Pop Chips.

I take a chip and the first thing I notice is the crunch to it. It's a different type of crunch. It's not the same you wouldn't normally get from a fried chip. It's a lighter, airier chip overall. Not bad, but just a bit different. Immediate after that initial thought is the the flavor of the chip itself. It's spicy, but not as "crazy hot" as the package would suggest, at least not to me. It's a nice spicy. Just enough to get your attention, but not enough to overwhelm the flavor the chip itself. They actually remind me of spicy pork rinds or "chicharrones", as my people would say (if my people spoke Spanish) with it's airy crunch and salty / spicy flavor. This could be dangerous...good thing these are "healthier"...

I look like a round Dorito...

The Sweet:
Good spicy flavor with an airy crunch that is reminiscent of pork rinds, but healthier! 

The Bitter:
This doesn't feel like a guilty pleasure, which may be a good thing, but it takes some of the fun out of it.

but I taste like a spicy pork rind!
Conclusion:
Do you miss spicy pork rinds, but don't want to eat too much because you don't want to drop dead? Have some of these Pop Chips Crazy Hot flavor! They have the same essence, (maybe not quite as crunchy as a pork rind nor as salty), but the gist is there. I can't say that I am necessarily a fan of pork rinds, but I am a fan of these Crazy Hot Pop Chips now thanks to Steph. (PS. Snack makers take note: free samples are your friends, so give out more free samples!)

Video of the Week
If you are like me, you are crazy excited to see Magic Mike: XXL (not totally true). What I was excited to see was Conan O'Brien taking in the movie with a bunch of "excitable" women.

How did Conan get a photo of me with my shirt off?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing us over at SneakASnack. We appreciate you stopping in and sharing your comments!