Sunday, July 19, 2015

Triscuit Rye with Caraway Seeds

 "Just what I wanted! A snack made with Rye
and Caraway seeds!", said no one ever
The Attraction:
The little lady tries her best to look out for me, despite my fondness for snacks. Her idea of a win-win is me getting a snack, but one on the healthier side. That's where this week's snack comes into play.

The Review
There are plenty of snacks out there that are on the healthier side that taste great; various yogurts, pretzels, popcorn or if you want to go old school, just simple fruits and vegetables. Even with those available, it's nice to have some options. Will this variation of the Triscuit fall into that category?

I've never had a Triscuit before, but as friends would describe them to me, they are like a healthier version of a Wheat Thin, which is oddly enough like a healthy version of a potato chip. It's like having a healthier snack to the second power. Maybe if I eat these, I'll have abs in no time! (I can dream, can't I?)

As I crack the box open, the smell of rye fills the air. It's funny how distinct that smell is. You can figure it out pretty quickly when its in bread or in a bagel and it is no different here. I bite in and the Triscuit has a nice baked crunch to it and the salty rye flavor is rather pronounced, but as you continue to chew, the licorice flavor of the caraway seeds come through on the second wave concluding your Triscuit journey. That was interesting, but did I enjoy that?

It looks like a giant Chex!
Although I would rather have a giant pay Chex,!
(ba doom boom)

The Sweet:
Nice baked crunch with a salty flair to hit that savory spot on your taste buds

The Bitter:
Although they aren't bad, you are not mistaking these for a conventional "not good for you" snack anytime soon. They are also a bit on the dry side.

Still looks damn big
Conclusion:
They taste just like what you would expect a baked whole wheat snack made of rye and caraway seeds would taste like. Actually, about as good as you could image a snack like that would taste like; but even at that, snacking has never been less fun.

If I had to spend the rest of my days in snack jail and had to eat these Triscuits, I could really do a lot worse, but being that I am not, there are many other snacks waiting for me around the corner and these babies will have to wait for me to trip up before I have a return engagement with them in the "big house" of snacks.

Video of the Week
I have a dream of one day being a professional matchmaker. I would then retire from work and just go to weddings for the rest of my life. Essentially, like Hitch, but shorter and less African American. Until I get that off the ground, feel free to follow these tips to improve your online dating profile.

Is it me or was the guy in this video sort of a jerk?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing us over at SneakASnack. We appreciate you stopping in and sharing your comments!