Sunday, June 28, 2015

Pringles Tortillas Nacho Cheese

Nacho Cheese Doritos Lite?
The Attraction:
I'm a Pringles kind of guy. I'm a fan of the Original and Sour Cream and Onion flavors. Although I wasn't nearly as enamored with the festive flavors they offered, I saw these on sale and thought it was high time to try another flavor variation from one of my favorite savory snack brands.

The Review
I would have to say that the Sour Cream and Onion flavored Pringles is a staple in my snack vault. It's a go-to snack for me. When I saw the Nacho Cheese Tortillas offering from Pringles, I immediately thought of Doritos....and who dislikes Doritos? Not this snack blogger.

Sure enough as I pop my first Tortillas Nacho Cheese flavored Pringle into my mouth, there were two comparisons that surfaced to my mind quickly; a not as cheesy-version of a Nacho Cheese flavored Doritos or a cheese flavored version of Tostitos. Both aren't bad things and Pringles does a great job of integrating the cheese-flavor while still maintaining their core "Pringles" taste. They certainly taste good, but that's not the issue. The question is can one product that reminds you of another product be successful living in the shadow of it if the newer product to you doesn't break new ground or offer a significant twist or upgrade?

As I ate a few more chips and pondered this, I kept thinking this is what cheese-flavored Tostitos would taste like....and I think I found my answer.

The forecast calls for a light dusting of
nacho cheese flavoring

The Sweet:
All the things you love about Pringles are there; OCD-like neat can stacked with chips that have that signature "Pringles" taste. Crispy chips that deliver nacho cheese flavor in enough doses to slip between two other popular snacks without tasting exactly like them. 

The Bitter:
Somehow it doesn't taste exactly like either of the products I mentioned, but enough that at times it feels like a knock-off version of them.

Guess where the other half went...
Conclusion:
The folks at Pringles manage to create a product that differentiates itself just enough so it doesn't taste exactly like some of their competitors, but to it's disservice, it's close enough to make you realize how good those other products are. For me, Pringles Tortillas Nacho Cheese flavor doesn't differentiate itself enough to earn a permanent spot in my shopping cart.


Video of the Week
Going through a divorce is never easy for the parties involved....unless you are the lawyer. In that case, you get to have fancy cars, scantily clad women and shirts that show your watch off. It's just the big business of divorce.

Getting a divorce? They couldn't be happier for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing us over at SneakASnack. We appreciate you stopping in and sharing your comments!