Monday, May 30, 2016

Bissli Falafel

Gosh, another falafel-flavored snack?

The Attraction
Over the last several weeks, my pal Grace has heard me complain about not being able to find any new and interesting snacks to review. She then took it upon herself to hook me up with some new and interesting snacks so I would shut up. Well played, bud.

The Review:
I've previously reviewed a Kosher snack, Zetov Bamba, last year, but I didn't really think about sampling more kosher snacks until this bag of falafel flavored crispy things were presented to me. Falafel flavor, really?

In case you haven't tasted a falafel before, it's a fried ball made up of ground up chick peas and fava beans. It can be served in a pita with usually some lettuce, tomato and some hummus.

I enjoy falafel quite a bit, I probably even have a falafel sandwich once a month during my lunch break, but a falafel flavored snack wasn't really on my snacking wish list. However, now that its here, I am curious as to how this sucker would taste.

I look like fried worms!

The bag opens and immediately the smell of falafel fills the air. It's amazing how similiar the smell is to the actual thing. I take a peek in and these snacks look like curly fried potato strips. I pickup a small handful and pop it into my mouth. As I bite down, the crunch is serious. It's not jaw breaking, but it's a nice, serious crunch. As the smell would have indicated, it also taste remarkably like a falafel. These snacks do a incredible job of capturing the fried flavor of a falafel along with the crispy fried exterior of one.

I pack a flavor punch
The Sweet:
Genuine falafel flavor and crunch

The Bitter:
You won't find this at the corner bodega or Walgreens

Conclusion:
It's not everyday you have a hankering for a falafel..or at least not for me, but these Bissli Falafel snacks are so tasty that even if you weren't thinking about it, it pleases that savory, crunchy snack itch. This even more so if you are a falafel fan.

Though not the most readily available snack in town, these crispy critters are highly addicting.

Video of the Week 

Party like a rock star...sorta

My friend Chris is getting hitched this week. She and her future husband decided to forgo the pomp and circumstances of a lavish wedding and kept it simple. The one thing I won't miss is the possibility of a photo booth at the wedding. Over the years, this has become a bit too cliche for me.....but alas there is a new variation....the Slow Motion Booth. (Congrats to Neil and Chris!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing us over at SneakASnack. We appreciate you stopping in and sharing your comments!