Sunday, June 14, 2015

Fujiya Milky

Who can resist this face?
The Attraction:
I've seen this face around so frequent in my snack travels, but I have yet to ever formally try this product. The little lady thought it was high time to finally try these so we could see what the buzz around this iconic face was all about. 

The Review
I have to admit, I'm a bit embarrassed that it's taken me so long to get around to trying this product. I've seen these packages line many a market and even cellphone cases are dedicated to this iconic face.

I was surprised when I opened the package. I always assumed it was chocolate! Instead, Milky is a white, harder than taffy-like candy. Despite the assorted colorful wrappers, they all are the same flavor...Milky!

I unwrap a piece of candy and partake. The flavor is sweet and milky-ish, as advertised. It immediately reminds me of another candy that I had growing up, White Rabbit Candy. I used to have my fair share of those when I was a kid. These aren't much different in flavor, but maybe about a third of the size. If you've never had either, think if you were able to take condensed milk and leave it out overnight to harden. I would imagine it would taste like these candies, but perhaps not quite as sweet.

I'm so pretty! (the candy that is)

The Sweet:
The wrappers are pretty and the candy themselves capture the "Milky" essence they were named after.

The Bitter:
It's a bit sweeter than I care for. Generally speaking, I am also not a fan of "hard candies"

Conclusion:
However much I wanted to love this candy, I was so-so on it. Perhaps it was because I've already had something like that previously or it could be that I only occasionally enjoy that exaggerated sweeten milk flavor that Milky is based off of. Either way, I don't see a return trip into my grocery basket for this iconic snack.

Video of the Week
I love a good hot sauce prank as much as the next guy, but this guy takes it to another level. I'm not sure if I would be so happy if a "friend" hooked me up like this...

Looks innocent enough or so it seems...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing us over at SneakASnack. We appreciate you stopping in and sharing your comments!