Sunday, March 1, 2015

Hangzhou Dingyuan Food 3+2 Lemon Flavor Biscuits

It's like the Big Mac of Cream Cookies

The Attraction:
How do you improve upon a successful formula? How about more! That's the theory here I think with the 3+2 Biscuits by Hangzhou Dingyuan Food. They've taken a popular item, crackers with a cream filling between them and added a third cracker and another layer of cream. Will this be too much of a good thing? I had to find out...

The Review
Lemon flavored crackers are popular in Asia. This might be the 4th or 5th version I've seen of a product like this. I've had several of them, but this one stood out cause of the 3 cracker "gimmick". OK, it may have suckered me it to try, but how are the actual results?

Will this be too dry?


Sure enough, as I opened the package, there was a lemon aroma wafting out. That's a good start. The crackers or biscuits are laid on a plastic tray. I quickly pull one out and take a look. As advertised, it's 3 crackers sandwiched with 2 layers of cream. (I know I said that early, but the package was all in Chinese and I assumed that's what 3+2 meant, but I wasn't really sure til I set eyes on the real thing.

I take a bite and several chews in, the lemon flavor of the cream comes through. I initially worried that with three layers of cracker to flavor, that the lemon cream would either not be strong enough or not enough would be applied to carry the snack. My concerns we unfounded in this case. These suckers are as tasty as any other lemon sandwich cookies!


Sweet lemon cream! Come to daddy!

The Sweet:
There's enough cream in these biscuits to balance out the crackers. The lemon flavor is as good as any other lemon cream filling.

The Bitter:
It's gimmicky, but it's hard to knock it since that was how they drew me in.

Conclusion:
I had some doubts on this one. I've had some conventional lemon flavored cookies in which they've skimped on the cream and the result was a mouth full of dry crackers with a momentary cream reprieve, then back to dry cracker-ville. In this case, even with the addition of a third cracker, 3+2 manages to pull it off with a flavorful and generous amount of cream to carry you through each bite. They also over a ton of assorted flavors such as Blueberry, Tomato(?) and Taro. In the case of their lemon flavored cream offering, 3+2 equals happy snacking.

Video of the Week
Ever wonder how Grindr works? Me neither, but our friend Conan O'Brien sits down with his pal Billy and sets up a profile on this gay dating app to see how quickly he can reel in the dates...

What man could resist this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing us over at SneakASnack. We appreciate you stopping in and sharing your comments!