Sunday, October 19, 2014

White Chocolate Kit Kat

Can they possibly mess this up?

The Attraction:
Who doesn't love Kit Kats? I can remember eating them from way back since I was a kid. It doesn't hurt that I like white chocolate as well. Do I even really need to do a review? I already did a review of the green tea variety. This might be a subconscious excuse to buy it. Well, let's see if there's a happy ending here...(no, not that kind)


The Review
It's all too familiar; just with a different color package. Peel open the wrapper, snap a stick off and slide it out. Can't tell you how many times I've done that in my life. Take a bite and it's exactly as advertised; it's a Kit Kat wafer covered with white chocolate, but wait; something else is different about this Kit Kat....the white chocolate isn't as sweet as most white chocolate bars. It's a good move. Although part of me closely associates that almost "sore throat" sweetness of white chocolate, Hershey's dialed it back a few. The results are you feel inclined to have more, but really, it's near impossible for me not to polish off a Kit Kat bar as it is.

I'm like an albino, but better tasting...what?

The Sweet:
It's a freakin' Kit Kat! Hershey's was smart enough to tone down the sweetness of the white chocolate. Even though white chocolate tends to be sweeter than milk chocolate, the white chocolate used here is more reserved and not as over the top. The result; your taste buds aren't sent into overload and therefore...you can eat more Kit Kats!Brilliant!

I'm drooling just looking at this
The Bitter:
Not everyone is a fan of white chocolate and if your not, I don't think you'll love this. It isn't as overwhelmingly sweet as some other white chocolate products that I've had, which is a huge plus, but it's white chocolate nevertheless.

Conclusion:
I don't think they can ever really mess this up, unless they go off the rails and pick some crazy flavor like mango. (if they did, I would still try it anyway). I really enjoyed how Hershey's didn't overwhelm us with the sugary sweetness of the white chocolate covering.

If I was at the candy store and I had only $1 in my hand and I had to choose between the "classic" Kit Kat and the White Chocolate variety...I would pick the classic 4 out of 5 times....but boy would look forward to that 5th time.

Video of the Week
I originally had another video planned, but I was hypnotized after watching this fan named "Dancing Kevin" go off during a Blue Jackets ice hockey game in Ohio. He needs to loosen up a little bit. Learn how to let his hair down....umm, on second thought...

Meanwhile, in Columbus, Ohio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing us over at SneakASnack. We appreciate you stopping in and sharing your comments!